As most of my readers know by now, I and a small group of like-minded people are building an online community for business intelligence, information management, data warehousing, analytics and performance management enthusiasts in Australia and New Zealand. Called the CORTEX for short.
We launched officially this year and membership is approaching 700 people. It's great to know that so many other people like the concept. Everyone is welcome and membership is free. OK, that's the end of the PR bull.
We are trying to regularly add new features and in the spirit of Google Labs we have just launched a one-click search function that scours the CORTEX for news and views on specific leading ANZ organisations. Currently we have the following industries covered:
- Construction and Property
- Financial Services
- Government, Health and Education
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Publishing and Media
- Rural, Minining, Oil and Gas
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Beta-test the search function
- Suggest other organisations we should include
- Add news to the CORTEX local industry channels if you know of something that we are missing.