I came across an interesting article discussing and analysing cloud computing vendors. I was interested to see that the top 10 vendors are:
- Amazon Web Services
- EMC and VMware
Further down the list are other companies making a contribution to analytics. Take a look at the likes of:
- Cloud9Analytics (15) - for Salesforce.com users. They provide more detailed data and reports on sales activities with the goal of improving overall sales performance
- Cloudera (27) - runs on Apache Hadoop, a Java-based framework supporting data-intensive applications
- Cordys (32) - software to develop, manage and monitor business processes, including: Business Operations Platform (BOP), which is a suite that includes Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Quantiva (50) - on-demand behavior analytics software for retailers,
- NetSuite (61) - accounting, BI, CRM, e-commerce and ERP.
- CloudScale (77) - early stage startup promising to bring “real-time analytics to everyone"
- 10Gen (81) - commercial support for the open source MongoDB database. MongoDB is "suited for a high volume, low value data like a Web site’s data store"